Work with us
We are looking for someone who will work with colleagues in the curatorial and marketing teams to develop and implement the Museums exhibitions programme:
- Manage and organise the museum’s exhibition programme; either developing displays in house or working in partnership with local groups or external curators to deliver a vibrant temporary exhibition programme.
- Build partnerships with our Wessex Museums Partners, local and national museums, groups and organisations to develop and deliver collaborative projects that lead to temporary exhibitions.
- Work with the marketing team to develop publicity material for temporary exhibitions, including posters, leaflets, website pages and press releases.
- Manage the budgets for temporary exhibitions and keep close control over income and expenditure.
- Responsible for the administration of all loans into the museum relating to temporary exhibitions.
- Appoint and manage external contractors to help deliver the exhibitions programme when necessary. These include contractors relating to object transportation, construction and graphics.
- Contribute to events and educational activities as required, and to contribute to the evaluation and monitoring of these activities.
- Seek and apply for funding from external organisations for temporary exhibitions in collaboration with the museum’s Development Officer
- Support the development of exhibition-related merchandise for the Museum Shop with the Retail Manager.
Working hours: 21 hours a week
Pay: £13,464 per annum pro rata, equivalent to an annual salary of £22,440
Contract: until March 2020
Closing date: Friday 6 February 2018 at 5pm.
Interview date: we would like to interview shortlisted candidates on 21 February 2018. Please let us know if this is convenient for you.
Target start date: beginning of April 2018.
Any vacancies are announced on this page and will be shared though social media. Please follow us on Facebook or Twitter to keep up to date by signing up for our e-newsletter.