Work with us
Collections Officer: Archive and Library
We are looking for someone who will work with colleagues in the Curatorial team to manage the running of the Archive and Library and support a team of volunteers who undertake a range of tasks including:
- Support, train and manage the volunteers who provide reader services during opening hours, including organising work rotas
- Provide access to the collections for researchers and enquirers
- Acquisition of new items in accordance with the Archive and Library collecting policy
- Cataloguing the collections using the MODES database
- Ensuring the security of the collections
- Collections care and preventative conservation
- Supporting the Curator in the interpretation and presentation of the Archive and Library collections in the galleries, special exhibitions and online
- Network with other library and archive professionals, through meetings and collaborative projects.
Working hours: 12 hours a week
Pay: £7,693 per annum pro rata, equivalent to an annual salary of £22,440
Contract: until March 2019
Closing date: 9th October 2017.
Interview date: we would like to interview shortlisted candidates on 17th October 2017. Please let us know if this is convenient for you.
Target start date: beginning of December 2017
Any vacancies are announced on this page and will be shared though social media. Please follow us on Facebook or Twitter to keep up to date by signing up for our e-newsletter.