Go under the sea at Wiltshire museum and create your own octopus, make our own woven fish, and sing songs about creatures that live in the ocean. You will also get the chance to touch and hold real sea fossils!
50 minutes of stories and multi-sensory fun for families with curious minds – for children ages 2 to 5: connect to the objects around the Museum, delve into the past and have fun learning together.
Each session uses different materials, sounds and games to connect to an aspect of our collections each month. We often make something you can take home and we always have fun! Together we read a story to finish off the session. Dads, Mums and Grandparents enjoy joining in with the activities. An adult must stay for the session.
Date: First Saturday of the month – 5 March (Bugs); 2 April (Under the Sea); 7 May (Kings and Queens); June (no session)
Start time: 10.15am
Parking: there is limited parking at the rear of the Museum buildings. Please park carefully.
Ages: Ideal for ages 2 to 5, but younger siblings welcome (non-walkers free).
Cost: £4 per child.
Booking: Essential ‘BOOK ONLINE’ below – one ticket per child, and a free ticket for any accompanying adult(s).
Numbers: Maximum 10 children
* The sessions will take place on the first floor of the Museum, but there is lift access. If you have a buggy you may be asked to fold it down for storage.
* Baby changing facilities are available on the ground floor.
* A rug and baby toys are available for baby siblings.
* We continue to follow Covid-19 regulations and will adjust the session, including moving it online, should government rules change before the event.
* The doors to the lecture hall will remain open during the event, with windows open to ensure air flow.
* Please follow Covid measures introduced for the safety of visitors, staff and volunteers.