Special screenings in Wiltshire Museum’s Lecture Hall of ERIC RAVILIOUS: DRAWN TO WAR
ERIC RAVILIOUS: DRAWN TO WAR is a true story. Eric Ravilious is as compelling and enigmatic as his art. Set against the dramatic wartime locations that inspire him, Margy Kinmonth’s film brings to life this brilliant but still grossly undervalued British artist. Caught in the crossfire of war 80 years ago, Ravilious’s legacy largely sank without trace, until now.
Made with the blessing of the Ravilious Estate, this first full length feature documentary about Ravilious unfolds in his own words, through previously unseen private correspondence and rare archive film.
Shot entirely on location in the UK, Portugal and Ireland, the film features Ai Weiwei, Alan Bennett, Grayson Perry, Robert Macfarlane with Freddie Fox, Tamsin Greig and many more.
Runtime: 88 mins
Director: Margy Kinmonth
Dates and time
at Wiltshire Museum:
Friday 16 September, 7.30pm (sold out)
Saturday 17 September, 7.30pm
Thursday 22 September, 7.30pm (sold out)
Friday 23 September, 7.30pm (sold out)
Tickets £10 (£9 concession)
* Face coverings may be worn if desired (as at May 2022).
* Any queries – email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please be Covid-aware and do not attend an event if you or a member of your group have any symptoms of Covid. A full refund will be given.
* The Lecture Hall is air-conditioned.
* Accessibility - a platform lift enables access to the Lecture Hall which is located on the first floor.
No responsibility can be accepted by the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society (the Society) for accidents or injury sustained during the course of any event arranged by the Society.