This walk will take in the mysterious Devil’s Den dolmen and the sarsen fields of Fyfield Down. There is a Thomas Hardy link, as the Devil’s Den is described in the short story “What the Shepherd Saw”.
Date: Saturday 6 August
Start time: 2.00 pm. Walk is expected to last approx. three hours. 6 miles.
Parking and Meeting Point: Gravel Hill Car Park OS Grid Ref: SU 15960 70018
Cost: £12 (£10 WANHS members)
Booking: Essential ‘BOOK ONLINE’ below.
Maximum Number: 16 (excluding walk leader)
TERMS and CONDITIONS
- Stout footwear, protective clothing to suit the prevailing weather conditions and reasonable mobility will be required.
- Please ensure that you bring water and snacks; this is particularly important in hot weather.
- The event may be postponed if adverse weather is forecast.
- Unless sold out, bookings will close at 9 am on the day of the outing.
- Booking for events
- Cancellations, Refunds and T&Cs
More Walks by Hidden Wiltshire