This was a fantastic museum. They have really thought about children and made large areas of the museum interactive for them to explore not just look at.
Gold from the Time of Stonehenge
Our award-winning displays feature spectacular treasures dating to the time of Stonehenge and worn by people who worshiped inside the stone circle.
Telling Wiltshire’s Story
500,000 years of Wiltshire’s story told in our £750,000 gallery featuring high quality graphics and leading-edge reconstructions.
Lots for children too
Follow Archie and Ollie on a gallery trail, build Stonehenge, examine the evidence under a microscope and try on Bronze Age clothes.
"A must-see before visiting Stonehenge or Avebury"
We are one of Tripadvisor's top-rated attractions in Wiltshire. Other comments from visitors include “You haven't really seen Prehistoric Wiltshire till you've seen this!” and “Breathes life into Stonehenge”
Something for everyone
We have fascinating displays telling Wiltshire's story, including Roman treasure, the Story of Devizes and our new Saxon Gallery features the Making of the Kingdom of Wessex.
Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society
We are an independent charity, with net public funding of £670 towards our running costs. The Museum is run by the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society and is supported by admissions, retail, events and the generosity of our members, present and past.
What our Visitors say
the Museum pulled all the sightseeing together … helped make sense of everythingVisitors book
The best prehistory exhibition
Stunning new galleries. See them soon!
Exhibitions - now and next ...
- What's your favourite skiffle song? We are missing the spontaneous singalongs this washboard has inspired in our co… https://t.co/cUGkal2p7B 12 hours ago
- Where in Wiltshire is depicted in this lithograph? Bonus points for the name of the church. Double bonus points for… https://t.co/sIDzx7FKxC 14 hours ago
- The latest excellent submission for the #TrilithonChallenge from our volunteer Stella. (Not entirely free-standin… https://t.co/fAoVSxEXOI 2 days ago
- RT @CaronBellITV: Brilliant news for the @WharfTheatreDev As we reported last week, they needed another £10k to s… https://t.co/i54BYFHyMp 6 days ago
- Going back a few years - #OnThisDay in 1723. Stukeley’s View of Great Bedwyn and Wansdyke. Copper engraving from o… https://t.co/PmXu8QSPla 6 days ago