Support your teaching with themed online workshops for the primary curriculum.
Schools can't always visit the Museum to explore our child friendly galleries with fun interactive activities and trails - find out about the Bronze Age and the time of Stonehenge.
However, we may be able to deliver online sessions using video-conferencing (Zoom, Skype or Teams) to bring the past to life at your school
We offer high quality sessions delivered by experienced staff with real and replica artefacts and we can show you how to deliver practical and creative activities.
Our flexible approach means that together we can plan sessions to engage your children..
Our workshops include:
- Stone Age Life
- A Journey through Prehistory – Neolithic, Bronze Age and Iron Age
- Roman Wiltshire
- Saxons and Vikings (Invaders and Settlers)
- Archaeology and Materials
- Fossil Discoveries
- Toys from the past
- Tudor and Medieval life
- Victorian Devizes
- Victorian Houses and Homes
- Wiltshire Landscape
Planning and booking
Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our costs for 'Real World' sessions are listed below. We are happy to talk about the costs for online sessions.
- Museum visit and workshop - £5 per pupil (£4 per pupil for Devizes Schools) (from1 January 2020)
- Self Directed Museum Visits (under 16s) - £2 per pupil (Visits must still be booked in advance)
- All-day outreach Workshops to School - £6 per pupil + travel expenses; Short Introductory Outreach Sessions £4.00 per pupil + travel expenses (from 1 January 2020).
- VAT exempt.
Schools in Devizes are given a special rate in recognition of our support from Devizes Town Council.
What teachers say ...
* "a WOW day for us all!"
* “thank you, the children had a brilliant day and were absolutely full of what they had learnt.”
* “the children had an amazing time. The activities were perfect and they couldn’t wait to show their parents what they had made.”