Cancellation and Refund Policy
As a small independent charity, we have a number of fixed costs, and cannot afford to run events at a loss. Therefore, the following cancellation and refund policy applies:
* More than 14 days before the event – full refund*
* Between 14 days and 5 days – 50% refund* (unless we can resell the ticket – see below)
* Less than 5 days – no refund (unless we can resell the ticket – see below)
*A £2.50 administration fee will be deducted from all refunds.
If events, lectures, outings or workshops are cancelled at short notice by the Society a full refund will be offered.
Ticketholders will be contacted if events have to be postponed or cancelled.
Transfer to a new date/event or refunds will be offered.
Refunds are made via our online bookings system, bank transfer or cheque.
If a ticket holder is unable to attend an event, and if we have a waiting list, or are able to resell the ticket before the event, then a full refund will be issued, less the administration fee*.
No responsibility can be accepted by the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society (the Society) for accidents or injury sustained during the course of any event arranged by the Society.
Terms and Conditions
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Wiltshire Museum” means the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society. The Society is incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 3885649 and charity number 1080096 and whose registered office is at 41 Long Street, Devizes, SN10 1NS.
- Tickets purchased online are valid only for the date stated upon them.
- Tickets are non-transferable. If any person attempts to enter the Wiltshire Museum with a ticket that has been resold without Wiltshire Museum’s written consent, Wiltshire Museum may refuse entry and no compensation shall be payable to that person by Wiltshire Museum.
- Except where we are unable to provide entry to Wiltshire Museum due to circumstances outside our control, all tickets are non-refundable. If lost, tickets will not be replaced.
- In the event that entry to Wiltshire Museum is not possible due to reasons outside of our reasonable control we shall not be responsible for any travelling costs you may incur.
- For the purposes of clauses 3 and 4 above, an event outside our reasonable control means any act or event including without limitation fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, strikes or industrial action by third parties, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war or threat of war, civil commotion, riot, invasion, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
- When arriving at the admission desk at Wiltshire Museum you must be able to produce the booking reference issued when your tickets were booked online.
- Tickets booked online may not be used in conjunction with any voucher, promotion or special offer.
- Anyone seeking concession rates must bring relevant supporting documents on the day of their visit. Wiltshire Museum reserves the right to charge the applicable general admission rate to any person not able to validate their entitlement to concession rates.
- All prices quoted in our brochures, by telephone or on our website include VAT. If the VAT rates change, we reserve the right to change our prices accordingly.
- Wiltshire Museum may from time to time change, alter, adapt, add or remove sections of the Terms and Conditions. If we do make any changes these will be posted to this website.
- The Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with then or their subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- None of the Terms shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a party other than you or Wiltshire Museum.