2020 Appeal – Support Curiosity and Creativity at Wiltshire Museum
We had a lovely Christmas surprise when, after nine months of pandemic gloom, our 2020 Members’ Appeal, plus an online Crowdfunder appeal, raised £7,832.50 for our learning programme, beating our target!
The staff and trustees of the society thank everyone who donated, or shared news of the appeal. This money will make a big difference to our work by:
- Supporting core costs.
- Buying now-vital digital equipment so we can virtually link ups with schools, families, individuals, and community groups.
- Refurbishing loans boxes so that no school pupil misses out on handling real prehistoric, Roman and Saxon objects.
- Developing new gallery interactives that are Covid safe and fun. We can’t wait to hear the museum alive with chat and laughter again!
Our traditional Members’ Appeals have always been very well supported, but this year we stepped into the virtual world of online fundraising with a Crowdfunder Campaign. Some of our ‘Crowdfunder Champions’ are listed below.
Thank you to them, and everyone!
- Katy Whitaker
- Philippa Morgan
- Alfred La Vardera
- Tim Daw
- Angharad Ross
- Rosemary Hart
- Marion Rowland
- Jeremy Mitcheson
- Alan Heasman
What our supporters said
Our Crowdfunder donors had some fantastic things to say about the Museum. We are very grateful for the support.
- S Dick 19th November 2020 - My favourite small museum. Does what it does does extremely well. Deserves the communities support.
- Dr Matthew Stiff 17th November 2020 - Good luck with this excellent initiative. Tough times and every little helps.
- Mrs Brenda Anson 17th November 2020 - We have a cottage in Wiltshire not far from Stonehenge. We love learning about the area and its history. We think the museum is absolutely one of the best around. Amazing objects beautifully presented as we walk the time line.
- Alfred La Vardera 17th November 2020 - Keep it up! You are doing a great job under the circumstances. One day all this nastiness will be gone but the Wiltshire Museum will still be there.
- Alison Hems 17th November 2020 - Wiltshire Museum must be one of the world's best small museums: amazing collections, dedicated staff, a wonderful team of volunteers. It makes a difference, everyday, in small ways - and those small ways add up.
- Adrian Chown 17th November 2020 - Really valuable work. Thank you for doing it. Good luck with the Crowdfunder
- Lawrence Peter Henden 16th November 2020 - Well done all staff and volunteers at Devizes Museum ! You are doing a fantastic job under very difficult circumstances. Good luck for future endeavours.
- Chris Kelly 16th November 2020 - I am always happy to support the Society.