2020 Appeal – Support Curiosity and Creativity at Wiltshire Museum
THANK YOU. Our first ‘Crowdfunder’ online appeal has been a big success, raising a final total of over £4,400 to support our schools, family and community learning programme.
We’re also grateful for the cheques and BACS payments from people wanting to donate in more traditional ways and we will update you with the grand total in the New Year.
We would like to thank everyone who donated and left kind comments about the Museum and our work on the ‘Crowdfunder’ website. We’ve been genuinely touched by your support in this challenging year.
It’s not too late to contribute, donations of all sizes will be put to good use by our learning team - see box on the top right, or send a cheque, payable to 'WANHS Ltd'.
Help us beat the Covid-19 funding crisis and continue to inspire curiosity and creativity by supporting our 2020 appeal
We’ve joined up with the Museums Association #SupportOurMuseums campaign to raise funds for our fantastic learning team. Our ability to keep delivering high-quality, and inspiring, activities is threatened by pandemic related loss of revenue. We had to close our doors to visitors and school groups and cancel events and as an independent charity, we usually raise over 95% of our income by ourselves.
Our campaign aims to raise £7,500 to:
- Support core costs.
- Buy now-vital digital equipment so we can improve our virtual link ups with schools, families, individuals and community groups.
- Refurbish loans boxes so that no school pupil misses out on handling real prehistoric, Roman and Saxon objects.
- Develop new gallery interactives that are Covid safe and fun. We can’t wait to hear the museum alive with chat and laughter again!
You can donate online or, alternatively, you can send a cheque to Wiltshire Museum, made payable to 'WANHS Ltd'.
Please donate if you can and share our message with your friends and family, on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, helping to spread our message even further.
Thank you and all best wishes for the year ahead.
Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society
Thank you to our Crowdfunder Champions!
We are very grateful to those who have supported our Crowdfunder and member appeal, some of whom are listed below.
- Katy Whitaker
- Phlippa Morgan
- Alfred La Vardera
- Tim Daw
- Angharad Ross
- Rosemary Hart
- Marion Rowland
- Jeremy Mitcheson
- Alan Heasman
A selection of comments by Crowdfunder donors:
- S Dick 19th November 2020 - My favourite small museum. Does what it does does extremely well. Deserves the communities support.
- Dr Matthew Stiff 17th November 2020 - Good luck with this excellent initiative. Tough times and every little helps.
- Mrs Brenda Anson 17th November 2020 - We have a cottage in Wiltshire not far from Stonehenge. We love learning about the area and its history. We think the museum is absolutely one of the best around. Amazing objects beautifully presented as we walk the time line.
- Alfred La Vardera 17th November 2020 - Keep it up! You are doing a great job under the circumstances. One day all this nastiness will be gone but the Wiltshire Museum will still be there.
- Alison Hems 17th November 2020 - Wiltshire Museum must be one of the world's best small museums: amazing collections, dedicated staff, a wonderful team of volunteers. It makes a difference, everyday, in small ways - and those small ways add up.
- Adrian Chown 17th November 2020 - Really valuable work. Thank you for doing it. Good luck with the Crowdfunder
- Lawrence Peter Henden 16th November 2020 - Well done all staff and volunteers at Devizes Museum ! You are doing a fantastic job under very difficult circumstances. Good luck for future endeavours.
- Chris Kelly 16th November 2020 - I am always happy to support the Society.