Linked to the Festival of Archaeology – make your own ancient pot, create your own cave painting and excavate in our dig pit.
50 minutes of activity, songs and stories. Multi-sensory fun for families with curious minds. Connect to the objects around the museum, delve into the past and have fun learning together. Led by Amy Hammett, Community Curator (Wiltshire)
Date: First Saturday of the month – there is no activity in June.
Start time: 10.15am
Parking: there is limited parking at the rear of the Museum buildings. Please park carefully.
Ages: Ideal for ages 2 to 5, but younger siblings welcome (non-walkers free).
Cost: £4 per child.
Booking: Essential ‘BOOK ONLINE’ below – one ticket per child, and a free ticket for any accompanying adult(s).
Numbers: Maximum 10 children
* The sessions take place on the first floor of the Museum, but there is lift access. If you have a buggy you may be asked to fold it down for storage.
* Baby changing facilities are available on the ground floor.
* A rug and baby toys are available for baby siblings.
* Windows may be opened in the lecture hall to ensure air flow.
* Please do not attend an event if you or a member of your group have any of the signs of Covid or have been asked to self-isolate.
No responsibility can be accepted by the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society (the Society) for accidents or injury sustained during the course of any event arranged by the Society.