With the Queen’s jubilee coming up, come to Wiltshire Museum to create your own crown and design your own castle, sing songs and get to see objects from the museum’s collection lovingly kept from previous jubilees.
50 minutes of stories and multi-sensory fun for families with curious minds – for children ages 2 to 5: connect to the objects around the Museum, delve into the past and have fun learning together.
Each session starts with a story connected to our theme before using different materials, sounds and games to connect to an aspect of our collections each month. We often make something you can take home and we always have fun.
Date: First Saturday of the month – 5 March (Bugs); 2 April (Under the Sea); 7 May (Kings and Queens); June (no session)
Start time: 10.15am
Parking: there is limited parking at the rear of the Museum buildings. Please park carefully.
Ages: Ideal for ages 2 to 5, but younger siblings welcome (non-walkers free).
Cost: £4 per child.
Booking: Essential ‘BOOK ONLINE’ below – one ticket per child, and a free ticket for any accompanying adult(s).
Numbers: Maximum 10 children
* The sessions will take place on the first floor of the Museum, but there is lift access. If you have a buggy you may be asked to fold it down for storage.
* Baby changing facilities are available on the ground floor.
* A rug and baby toys are available for baby siblings.
* Windows may be opened in the lecture hall to ensure air flow.
* Please do not attend an event if you or a member of your group have any of the signs of Covid or have been asked to self-isolate.
No responsibility can be accepted by the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society (the Society) for accidents or injury sustained during the course of any event arranged by the Society.