The tours of the Museum and Devizes Castle garden on 14 August and 11 September are both fully booked
The owner of part of Devizes Castle has offered us a unique opportunity to provide tours of their part of the Castle gardens, providing an opportunity to get close to the Victorian folly, constructed on the site of the original Norman castle, around which Devizes grew.
- 14 August (fully booked)
- 11 September (fully booked).
Meeting at Wiltshire Museum (2pm) you will learn more about the origins of the Castle and town of Devizes in our Devizes Gallery, followed by the short walk to the Castle and guided tour of the gardens.
The gardens are on a slope and very uneven in places and therefore the tour is only available to those with good mobility.
- We regret that there is no wheelchair or buggy access.
- There is no vehicular access to the garden.
- Not suitable for children (or babies, even if carried)
- No dogs
- There are no toilets on site
- There is no access to the Castle buildings
- The tour may be cancelled in the event of wet weather (there is little shelter) – but full refunds, or the opportunity to book on a further date – will be offered.