* SOLD OUT *
Guide-led tour of the Eric Ravilious: Downland Man exhibition
Pre-book on a Tuesday Masterpiece Tour to discover more about the art of Eric Ravilious and his links to the Wiltshire and Sussex Downs – open to all visitors.
Second-Tuesday of the month – a 45-minute introduction and tour of the exhibition, led by a member of the Museum staff
Eric Ravilious: Downland Man brings together, for the first time, works by this renowned artist inspired by the Wiltshire and Sussex Downs.
Guest curated by Ravilious expert James Russell, the exhibition will include works by Eric Ravilious (1903 – 1942) from national collections and private collectors exploring the artist’s fascination for the Downs in a historical context – from the inter-war obsession with Britain’s chalk hills and ancient monuments to modern military fortifications.
* Usual Museum admission charge, plus £3 per person
* Additional charge for the tour applies to all visitors.
* Maximum number – 15.
2.15pm – lasting approx. 45 minutes.
Visitors are welcome to explore the exhibition and Museum both before and after the tour.
The Tuesday Masterpiece Tours are for individuals and families who would like to learn more about the Eric Ravilious: Downland Man exhibition.
BOOKING – ONLINE BOOKING.
Cost = £3, plus usual museum admission fee, which will be payable on the day. You will be charged £3 for the tour on booking, the Museum admission charge will be payable on the day of the tour.
Organised groups are welcome by appointment. Click here for further details.
Exhibition Opening Times
Tuesday to Saturday – 10am to 4pm; Sundays and Mondays – 11am to 4pm
We regret there is no on-site cafe, but there are numerous options in Devizes town centre, just a short walk from the Museum.
Parking and Accessibility
* The exhibition is located on the first floor, but is accessible via a platform lift. Seating can be provided.
* Blue-badge parking is available on the street outside the Museum or can be reserved in the Museum car park
* Details of car parks in Devizes can be found here.
* There are electric charging points in Station Road Car park, Devizes
* For details of bus routes visit Connecting Wiltshire
Please note that all plans are subject to change to ensure all Covid-19 rules and regulations in force at the time of the visit are complied with.
Image: The Westbury White Horse. On loan from a private lender via Towner Eastbourne