A 5 mile circular walk around Bratton Camp and Bratton, with Anna Dillon, Hedley Thorne and Glyn Coy.
This route takes in Bratton Camp and the Westbury White Horse before entering Combe Bottom. It will also follow part of the Imber Range path before descending into Bratton past Longcombe Bottom. After passing the church, the ascent back to the car park is up the side of Combe Bottom.
Led by Glyn Coy of Hidden Wiltshire, this walk explores the landscape featured in Wessex Airscapes: Elevating Wiltshire exhibition, with the artists themselves. Anna Dillon will show some of her paintings on the route and explain the personal connections she has with the landscapes and why she painted them. Weather and permissions permitting Hedley Thorne may be able to do a drone demo on the walk.
The exhibition is a collaboration between aerial photographer Hedley Thorne and landscape painter Anna Dillon, exploring aerial landscapes. At Wiltshire Museum from 8 July to 15 October 2023.
Details of the day:
Date: Sunday 27 August
Start Time: 1.30 pm. The 5 mile walk is expected to last three hours or so.
Meet and Park: in the car park by the Westbury white horse. What3words app: encroach.grand.genetics. Google Maps.
Cost: £13 (£11 WANHS members)
Booking: essential ‘book online’ below.
Maximum Number: 12 (excluding walk leaders)
Terms and Conditions
- Stout footwear, protective clothing to suit the prevailing weather conditions.
- Reasonable mobility will be required – sufficient for a walk of 3 to 4 miles, with some uphill tracks.
- Please ensure that you bring water and snacks; this is particularly important in hot weather.
- The event may be postponed if adverse weather is forecast.
- Unless sold out, bookings will close at 9 am on the day of the outing.
Image (c) Anna Dillon and Hedley Thorne