This moving exhibition. curated by Richard Broadhead and supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund, features a Wall of Remembrance dedicated to the 10,000 Wiltshire fallen of the First World War, including men and women who were members of the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society (WANHS).
- Curated by Richard Broadhead of Wiltshire Soldiers
- A Wall of Remembrance for the 10,000 Wiltshire fallen
- Great War Archaeology and its enduring legacy
- Images and stories of the fallen
- Great War Memorials in Wiltshire
- A Memorial for Members of the Wiltshire Archaeological & Natural History Society
The exhibition features the stories of the people who lived, fought, died and survived the conflict – a truly fitting memorial dedicated to those who gave all in the Great War.
This is Wiltshire Museum’s tribute. We Are Remembering Them!
Normal Museum admission prices apply.
We are delighted that support from the Heritage Lottery Fund and Devizes Town Council has enabled us to join with other organisations to create a programme of First World War commemoration events, both in Devizes and at the Tidworth Garrison Theatre (The Great War in Wiltshire – Conference 1 December 2018) For more information, please visit the Devizes Outdoor Celebratory Arts website.