This was a fantastic museum. They have really thought about children and made large areas of the museum interactive for them to explore not just look at.
Gold from the Time of Stonehenge
Our award-winning displays feature spectacular treasures dating to the time of Stonehenge and worn by people who worshiped inside the stone circle.
Telling Wiltshire’s Story
500,000 years of Wiltshire’s story told in our £750,000 gallery featuring high quality graphics and leading-edge reconstructions.
Lots for children too
Follow Archie and Ollie on a gallery trail, build Stonehenge, examine the evidence under a microscope and try on Bronze Age clothes.
"A must-see before visiting Stonehenge or Avebury"
We are one of Tripadvisor's top-rated attractions in Wiltshire. Other comments from visitors include “You haven't really seen Prehistoric Wiltshire till you've seen this!” and “Breathes life into Stonehenge”
Something for everyone
We have fascinating displays telling Wiltshire's story, including Roman treasure, the Story of Devizes and our new Saxon Gallery features the Making of the Kingdom of Wessex.
Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society
We are an independent charity, with net public funding of £670 towards our running costs. The Museum is run by the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society and is supported by admissions, retail, events and the generosity of our members, present and past.
What our Visitors say
the Museum pulled all the sightseeing together … helped make sense of everythingVisitors book
The best prehistory exhibition
Stunning new galleries. See them soon!
Exhibitions - now and next ...
In 1938 Stella Reading and her million ‘women in green’ revolutionised the way the world thought about voluntary service. During the Second World War these women of the WVS volunteered…
Over the last 30 years, Art Fund has generously contributed £50,000 to help purchase many important acquisitions for the Wiltshire Museum. The exhibition celebrates this support by displaying an eclectic…
Peter Dunn archaeological reconstruction artist will be exhibiting some of his sketches and paintings produced over the past 10 years whilst working in the UK and overseas. Items from the Museums…
- The @Wadworth Shire horses... https://t.co/SwblKxz0qB 3 hours ago
- Just one space remaining: 4 July Axe Casting Workshop with James Dilley @ancientcraftUK https://t.co/pK9fn5fngF… https://t.co/AEq0utXQ5d 18 hours ago
- Last week of the free exhibition Compassion in Crisis: 80 years of the Royal Voluntary Service - ends Sunday 24 Jun… https://t.co/de4oNIvYcg 18 hours ago
- Devizes Rotary, working in partnership with Devizes Communty Area Wellbeing Group, is hosting the inaugural Devizes… https://t.co/DjOsyQbyfz 1 day ago
- Vale & Downs; Sea & Sky; a detective based in Devizes and the inspiring spectacular Bronze Age collection here at… https://t.co/UMjeQzF3w8 2 days ago
Awarded Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
Showcasing recent research to mark the centenary of the First World War Saturday 1 December at the Tidworth Garrison Theatre Organised by Wiltshire Museum and