Oexmann Art Competition
Enter our Art competition - cash prizes to be won! Categories for children, young people and adults. Find out more from the competition page.
Ideas for Christmas gifts
* Gift Membership Give a gift of membership of the Museum and Archaeological Society.
* Sunday lunch at the Bear Hotel and Director's tour Lunch at the Bear Hotel, followed by a personal tour of the award-winning galleries by the Museum Director.
Bush Barrow mace featured on British Museum Teaching History in 100 Objects
Stonhenge elite's treasures were made by children
Find our more about this remakable new story and the BBC Operation Stonehenge programme
What people are saying about the Museum ...
* Great new Bronze Age gold displays. A must see. Bush Barrow is sublime. Neil Wilkin, Curator of Bronze Age Collections, British Museum
* Massive display of the 'original crown jewels' in Devizes - ITV News
* ... puts Devizes’ Wiltshire Museum into a totally different league - The Independent
* Dazzling Display - The Times
* Stunning new galleries - see them soon - Tripadvisor review
* The best prehistory exhibition - Tripadvisor review
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
The museum on TV ...
* Walking through History - Avebury to Stonehenge with Tony Robinson - West Kennet long barrow, Channel 4
* Jadeite axe - The Flying Archaeologist, BBC
* Bush Barrow gold lozenge - Sky at Night, BBC
Gold from the time of StonehengeOn display for the first time are dozens of spectacular treasures dating to the time of Stonehenge and worn by people who worshiped inside the stone circle.
Telling Wiltshire’s Story500,000 years of Wiltshire’s story told in a brand new £750,000 gallery featuring high quality graphics and leading-edge reconstructions.
Lots for children tooFollow Archie and Ollie on a gallery trail, build Stonehenge, examine the evidence under a microscope and try on Bronze Age clothes.
"A must-see before visiting Stonehenge or Avebury"We recently won the 2014 Attraction of the Year Award from the Wiltshire Life Magazine and are now one of Tripadvisor's top-rated attractions in Wiltshire. Other comments include “You haven't really seen Prehistoric Wiltshire till you've seen this!” and “Breathes life into Stonehenge”
Something for everyoneWe have fascinating displays telling Wiltshire's story, including Roman treasure and agricultural history. A new gallery tells the story of Devizes and we are working on a anew Saxon Gallery.
Special ExhibitionsOur latest special exhibition features Devizes and the Great War. Runs until mid-January.
Open 7 days a weekMonday - Saturday 10-5, Sundays and Bank Holidays 12-4. Open throughout the year, except on Winter Mondays from January until the Easter break. For more details about visiting the museum please follow this link.
Want to bring a group or to visit in the evening? Telephone us to see how we can help.
Can you help us?We are an independent charity. Please support us in our work by making a donation.
Tweets by @WiltshireMuseum
41 Long Street, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 1NS
Telephone: 01380 727369