Archaeology in Wiltshire Conference 2014
* Follow this link to find out more about our popular conference being held on Saturday 15 March.
What people are saying about us ...
* Massive display of the 'original crown jewels' in Devizes - ITV News
* ... puts Devizes’ Wiltshire Museum into a totally different league - The Independent
* Dazzling Display - The Times
* Stunning new galleries - see them soon - Tripadvisor review
* The best prehistory exhibition - Tripadvisor review
The museum on TV ...
* Walking through History - Avebury to Stonehenge with Tony Robinson - West Kennet long barrow, Channel 4
* Jadeite axe - The Flying Archaeologist, BBC
* Bush Barrow gold lozenge - Sky at Night, BBC
Gold from the time of StonehengeGold from the time of Stonehenge
Telling Wiltshire’s Story
500,000 years of Wiltshire’s story told in a brand new £750,000 gallery featuring high quality graphics and leading-edge reconstructions.
Gold from the time of Stonehenge
On display for the first time are dozens of spectacular treasures dating to the time of Stonehenge and worn by people who worshiped inside the stone circle.
Lots for children too
Follow Archie and Ollie on a gallery trail, build Stonehenge, examine the evidence under a microscope and try on Bronze Age clothes.
Museum opening times
Tuesday - Saturday 10-5, Sunday 12-4. Open throughout the year. Open Mondays on the February half-term and from 1 April.
For more details about visiting the museum please follow this link. Want to bring a group to visit in the evening? Contact to see how we can help.
41 Long Street, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 1NS
Telephone: 01380 727369