This was a fantastic museum. They have really thought about children and made large areas of the museum interactive for them to explore not just look at.
Gold from the Time of Stonehenge
Our award-winning displays feature spectacular treasures dating to the time of Stonehenge and worn by people who worshiped inside the stone circle.
Telling Wiltshire’s Story
500,000 years of Wiltshire’s story told in our £750,000 gallery featuring high quality graphics and leading-edge reconstructions.
Lots for children too
Follow Archie and Ollie on a gallery trail, build Stonehenge, examine the evidence under a microscope and try on Bronze Age clothes.
"A must-see before visiting Stonehenge or Avebury"
We are one of Tripadvisor's top-rated attractions in Wiltshire. Other comments from visitors include “You haven't really seen Prehistoric Wiltshire till you've seen this!” and “Breathes life into Stonehenge”
Something for everyone
We have fascinating displays telling Wiltshire's story, including Roman treasure, the Story of Devizes and our new Saxon Gallery features the Making of the Kingdom of Wessex.
Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society
We are an independent charity, with net public funding of £670 towards our running costs. The Museum is run by the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society and is supported by admissions, retail, events and the generosity of our members, present and past.
What our Visitors say
the Museum pulled all the sightseeing together … helped make sense of everythingVisitors book
The best prehistory exhibition
Stunning new galleries. See them soon!
Exhibitions - now and next ...
The Devizes Camera Club biennial print exhibition will be on show in the Oexman Art Gallery from 11 September until 8 October. Featuring photographs taken by members of the Devizes…
A time-based installation by Syann van Niftrik working with filmmaker Zan Barberton http://boundarypictures.com/dropped-history-in-the-breaking/ Please note that dates are subject to final confirmation What is it? It is a stand-alone exhibit…
The San Antonio Public Library and San Antonio Public Library Foundation own a collection of WW1 propaganda prints and posters, which are on a two-year tour of Europe. Wiltshire Museum…
- Welcome to the newest Wadworth Shire horse. Will wave hello he passes the front door of the Museum ... https://t.co/1EADUa9mct 18 hours ago
- It's open! #HisWorld @SalisburyMuseum Not to be missed, these 5 exhibits selected by curator Richard Henry… https://t.co/qwoWhkg8e9 19 hours ago
- Don't miss the @SeaMusicPoole events this Autumn #WessexMuseums https://t.co/2qUVYOhh9p https://t.co/ia4uTpt5Cn 19 hours ago
- Exciting news on the way from @DorsetMuseum! #WessexMuseums #DippyOnTour https://t.co/t5m4zmFD7a 19 hours ago
- Exciting work in progress for the new Oexmann Exhibition Gallery - more photos soon! #wessexmuseums #ReadytoBorrow… https://t.co/trnpS0yyg3 20 hours ago