This was a fantastic museum. They have really thought about children and made large areas of the museum interactive for them to explore not just look at.
Gold from the Time of Stonehenge
Our award-winning displays feature spectacular treasures dating to the time of Stonehenge and worn by people who worshiped inside the stone circle.
Telling Wiltshire’s Story
500,000 years of Wiltshire’s story told in our £750,000 gallery featuring high quality graphics and leading-edge reconstructions.
Lots for children too
Follow Archie and Ollie on a gallery trail, build Stonehenge, examine the evidence under a microscope and try on Bronze Age clothes.
"A must-see before visiting Stonehenge or Avebury"
We are one of Tripadvisor's top-rated attractions in Wiltshire. Other comments from visitors include “You haven't really seen Prehistoric Wiltshire till you've seen this!” and “Breathes life into Stonehenge”
Something for everyone
We have fascinating displays telling Wiltshire's story, including Roman treasure, the Story of Devizes and our new Saxon Gallery features the Making of the Kingdom of Wessex.
Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society
We are an independent charity, with net public funding of £670 towards our running costs. The Museum is run by the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society and is supported by admissions, retail, events and the generosity of our members, present and past.
What our Visitors say
the Museum pulled all the sightseeing together … helped make sense of everythingVisitors book
The best prehistory exhibition
Stunning new galleries. See them soon!
Exhibitions - now and next ...
Sketches and paintings produced over the past 10 years by Peter Dunn archaeological reconstruction artist, whilst working in the UK and overseas. Items from the Museums art collection are also…
Exhibition of rural traditional art (and some not-so-traditional!)* made by local blacksmith John Girvan in his forge in Devizes. The larger items featured in the displays are more than two…
This moving exhibition. curated by Richard Broadhead, features a Wall of Remembrance dedicated to the 10,000 Wiltshire fallen of the First World War, including men and women who were members…
- Great exhibition - do go and see it! https://t.co/656LSGBLy4 4 hours ago
- Thanks @Clonehenge for dropping by and for the wonderful gift. I now have a slight dilemma ....… https://t.co/Q25ztfegKa 4 hours ago
- Last weekend to see John Girvan's amazing 'Blacksmiths Craft' exhibition. Also our Story of Devizes gallery ... https://t.co/XikMX8VBiv 4 hours ago
- We're looking forward to hosting 'Snakes – A Slither into a Secretive Life' here in Devizes in March 2019… https://t.co/9YjxmiJOb2 9 hours ago
- We will be lending the vessel containing the Cunetio Hoard. Really looking forward to seeing this exhibition - some… https://t.co/eADgzV725S 1 day ago