This was a fantastic museum. They have really thought about children and made large areas of the museum interactive for them to explore not just look at.
Gold from the Time of Stonehenge
Our award-winning displays feature spectacular treasures dating to the time of Stonehenge and worn by people who worshiped inside the stone circle.
Telling Wiltshire’s Story
500,000 years of Wiltshire’s story told in our £750,000 gallery featuring high quality graphics and leading-edge reconstructions.
Lots for children too
Follow Archie and Ollie on a gallery trail, build Stonehenge, examine the evidence under a microscope and try on Bronze Age clothes.
"A must-see before visiting Stonehenge or Avebury"
We are one of Tripadvisor's top-rated attractions in Wiltshire. Other comments from visitors include “You haven't really seen Prehistoric Wiltshire till you've seen this!” and “Breathes life into Stonehenge”
Something for everyone
We have fascinating displays telling Wiltshire's story, including Roman treasure, the Story of Devizes and our new Saxon Gallery features the Making of the Kingdom of Wessex.
Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society
We are an independent charity, with net public funding of £670 towards our running costs. The Museum is run by the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society and is supported by admissions, retail, events and the generosity of our members, present and past.
What our Visitors say
the Museum pulled all the sightseeing together … helped make sense of everythingVisitors book
The best prehistory exhibition
Stunning new galleries. See them soon!
Exhibitions - now and next ...
This moving exhibition. curated by Richard Broadhead and supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund, features a Wall of Remembrance dedicated to the 10,000 Wiltshire fallen of the First World War,…
Photo © Blue Tokay Did you know that snakes first appeared around 100 million years ago, evolving from a lizard-like ancestor? Come along to our new exhibition opening from March…
- The best bit is "Bronze Age religion, technology and travel, for example, Stonehenge". The Shaman burial from Upton… https://t.co/wAmjOuhv2H 7 hours ago
- This Saturday 27 October - free performances the like of which the Museum has never seen before! Empire Soldiers V… https://t.co/egD3eDrL7S 11 hours ago
- This Saturday 27 October from 9.30am. Industrial Archaeology Conference at the Town Hall, Devizes… https://t.co/sLVwD74GbB 11 hours ago
- Free drop in Lantern Workshops at the Museum with @DOCA_info in November. Check out dates and times at:… https://t.co/nK8iTfSmjh 13 hours ago
- RT @DOCA_info: 2018 sees the centenary of the end of World War One. This year, across the world, nations, communities and individu… https://t.co/0XYpadTcR7 13 hours ago
Awarded Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
Wiltshire Museum in Devizes urgently needs 30 people to write a 140 word imaginary ‘letter home’ from one of the town’s soldiers who died during