This was a fantastic museum. They have really thought about children and made large areas of the museum interactive for them to explore not just look at.
Gold from the Time of Stonehenge
Our award-winning displays feature spectacular treasures dating to the time of Stonehenge and worn by people who worshiped inside the stone circle.
Telling Wiltshire’s Story
500,000 years of Wiltshire’s story told in our £750,000 gallery featuring high quality graphics and leading-edge reconstructions.
Lots for children too
Follow Archie and Ollie on a gallery trail, build Stonehenge, examine the evidence under a microscope and try on Bronze Age clothes.
"A must-see before visiting Stonehenge or Avebury"
We are one of Tripadvisor's top-rated attractions in Wiltshire. Other comments from visitors include “You haven't really seen Prehistoric Wiltshire till you've seen this!” and “Breathes life into Stonehenge”
Something for everyone
We have fascinating displays telling Wiltshire's story, including Roman treasure, the Story of Devizes and our new Saxon Gallery features the Making of the Kingdom of Wessex.
Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society
We are an independent charity, with net public funding of £670 towards our running costs. The Museum is run by the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society and is supported by admissions, retail, events and the generosity of our members, present and past.
What our Visitors say
the Museum pulled all the sightseeing together … helped make sense of everythingVisitors book
The best prehistory exhibition
Stunning new galleries. See them soon!
Exhibitions - now and next ...
The San Antonio Public Library and San Antonio Public Library Foundation own a collection of WW1 propaganda prints and posters, which are on a two-year tour of Europe. Wiltshire Museum…
In 1938 Stella Reading and her million ‘women in green’ revolutionised the way the world thought about voluntary service. During the Second World War these women of the WVS volunteered…
Picture: Joshua Gosselin, Stonehenge on Salisbury Plain, 1784 Art Fund has generously contributed £50,000 to help purchase many important acquisitions for Wiltshire Museum. This exhibition is a celebration of the…
- RT @eh_stonehenge: Stonehenge is closed today (18 March) due to the snowy weather conditions. We plan to open as us… https://t.co/OZ16rJNxZF 18 hours ago
- Due to the snow, the Museum will be closed today. We should be open again on Monday. https://t.co/v6uN42g83u 18 hours ago
- RT @vaughanskitchen: Safe to say we are ready for warmer days even though Devizes Castle grounds looked stunning just a couple of weeks… https://t.co/BhOVOaU2eE 2 days ago
- RT @BBCArtsPR: Huge thanks to all the museums, galleries, libraries and archives - over 250 in all - who took part in the… https://t.co/H2litWlu65 2 days ago
- RT @benpratershow: https://t.co/B6SXOQjN2I 2 days ago
Awarded Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
Freelance commission: Textile Artist for Community Project in Devizes Wiltshire Museum is seeking a textile-artist, experienced in community work, to facilitate a project celebrating women