This was a fantastic museum. They have really thought about children and made large areas of the museum interactive for them to explore not just look at.
Gold from the Time of Stonehenge
Our award-winning displays feature spectacular treasures dating to the time of Stonehenge and worn by people who worshiped inside the stone circle.
Telling Wiltshire’s Story
500,000 years of Wiltshire’s story told in our £750,000 gallery featuring high quality graphics and leading-edge reconstructions.
Lots for children too
Follow Archie and Ollie on a gallery trail, build Stonehenge, examine the evidence under a microscope and try on Bronze Age clothes.
"A must-see before visiting Stonehenge or Avebury"
We are one of Tripadvisor's top-rated attractions in Wiltshire. Other comments from visitors include “You haven't really seen Prehistoric Wiltshire till you've seen this!” and “Breathes life into Stonehenge”
Something for everyone
We have fascinating displays telling Wiltshire's story, including Roman treasure, the Story of Devizes and our new Saxon Gallery features the Making of the Kingdom of Wessex.
Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society
We are an independent charity, with net public funding of £670 towards our running costs. The Museum is run by the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society and is supported by admissions, retail, events and the generosity of our members, present and past.
What our Visitors say
the Museum pulled all the sightseeing together … helped make sense of everythingVisitors book
The best prehistory exhibition
Stunning new galleries. See them soon!
Exhibitions - now and next ...
This moving exhibition. curated by Richard Broadhead and supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund, features a Wall of Remembrance dedicated to the 10,000 Wiltshire fallen of the First World War,…
#Wicked Wessex objects on tour 2018-2019 - grim and gruesome to strange and shocking! Our #WickedWessex item is now on view - with extra dressing appropriate to the season. Tread…
Photo © Blue Tokay Did you know that snakes first appeared around 100 million years ago, evolving from a lizard-like ancestor? Come along to our new exhibition opening from March…
- RT @CentrePewsey: Looking forward to hosting this concert tomorrow by our friends at @PewseyMVC to raise funds for the fantastic… https://t.co/nSf2vI3ksa 6 hours ago
- RT @ypreswoman: Great Western Railwaymen who lost their lives in the First World War #WW1 #Railway #GWR F J Park - Devizes F G Bat… https://t.co/PWT1C3zIkf 14 hours ago
- Remember that we offer a range of quality workshops for schools led by qualified staff. See https://t.co/Nhj5XwIBLl https://t.co/4Ce3o0R2on 14 hours ago
- RT @ifa_archives: The call for papers for our Selection strategies for archaeological archives: Making archaeological archives sustai… https://t.co/PBc1nGur4x 19 hours ago
- See them in the Hoards exhibition @SalisburyMuseum! @WessexMuseums https://t.co/OIqfTpZL5H 20 hours ago
Awarded Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
We are delighted with the news that the future of the Devizes Assize Court has been secured with the aim of restoring it as the