This was a fantastic museum. They have really thought about children and made large areas of the museum interactive for them to explore not just look at.
Gold from the Time of Stonehenge
Our award-winning displays feature spectacular treasures dating to the time of Stonehenge and worn by people who worshiped inside the stone circle.
Telling Wiltshire’s Story
500,000 years of Wiltshire’s story told in our £750,000 gallery featuring high quality graphics and leading-edge reconstructions.
Lots for children too
Follow Archie and Ollie on a gallery trail, build Stonehenge, examine the evidence under a microscope and try on Bronze Age clothes.
"A must-see before visiting Stonehenge or Avebury"
We are one of Tripadvisor's top-rated attractions in Wiltshire. Other comments from visitors include “You haven't really seen Prehistoric Wiltshire till you've seen this!” and “Breathes life into Stonehenge”
Something for everyone
We have fascinating displays telling Wiltshire's story, including Roman treasure, the Story of Devizes and our new Saxon Gallery features the Making of the Kingdom of Wessex.
Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society
We are an independent charity, with net public funding of £670 towards our running costs. The Museum is run by the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society and is supported by admissions, retail, events and the generosity of our members, present and past.
What our Visitors say
the Museum pulled all the sightseeing together … helped make sense of everythingVisitors book
The best prehistory exhibition
Stunning new galleries. See them soon!
Exhibitions - now and next ...
Peter Dunn archaeological reconstruction artist will be exhibiting some of his sketches and paintings produced over the past 10 years whilst working in the UK and overseas. Items from the…
Exhibition of rural traditional art made by local blacksmith John Girvan in his forge in Devizes. The larger items featured in the displays are more than two metres high and…
- At the @Salisburymuseum Festival of Archaeology! Lots to see and do... https://t.co/CcMf3qm4YX 17 hours ago
- Here be Monsters! Prehistoric Sea Monsters! Our first children's activity session this summer holiday Wednesday 8… https://t.co/bxr3eoa3n4 19 hours ago
- Wishing our friends at @Bath_Wilt_P a very happy 10th Birthday for their July and August issue! https://t.co/ZzSwESURvi 19 hours ago
- Cunetio pot and some of the coins back together on display as part of Peter Dunn's exhibition: Interpretation & Exp… https://t.co/3i7ymHFJuZ 22 hours ago
- Thanks for loaning this amazing find to us for display! https://t.co/ZaX68kxRTP 1 day ago
Awarded Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017
Showcasing recent research to mark the centenary of the First World War Saturday 1 December at the Tidworth Garrison Theatre Organised by Wiltshire Museum and