This was a fantastic museum. They have really thought about children and made large areas of the museum interactive for them to explore not just look at.
Gold from the Time of Stonehenge
Our award-winning displays feature spectacular treasures dating to the time of Stonehenge and worn by people who worshiped inside the stone circle.
Telling Wiltshire’s Story
500,000 years of Wiltshire’s story told in our £750,000 gallery featuring high quality graphics and leading-edge reconstructions.
Lots for children too
Follow Archie and Ollie on a gallery trail, build Stonehenge, examine the evidence under a microscope and try on Bronze Age clothes.
"A must-see before visiting Stonehenge or Avebury"
We are one of Tripadvisor's top-rated attractions in Wiltshire. Other comments from visitors include “You haven't really seen Prehistoric Wiltshire till you've seen this!” and “Breathes life into Stonehenge”
Something for everyone
We have fascinating displays telling Wiltshire's story, including Roman treasure, the Story of Devizes and our new Saxon Gallery features the Making of the Kingdom of Wessex.
Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society
We are an independent charity, with net public funding of £670 towards our running costs. The Museum is run by the Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society and is supported by admissions, retail, events and the generosity of our members, present and past.
What our Visitors say
the Museum pulled all the sightseeing together … helped make sense of everythingVisitors book
The best prehistory exhibition
Stunning new galleries. See them soon!
Exhibitions - now and next ...
The Devizes Camera Club biennial print exhibition will be on show in the Oexman Art Gallery from 11 September until 8 October. Featuring photographs taken by members of the Devizes…
A time-based installation by Syann van Niftrik working with filmmaker Zan Barberton http://boundarypictures.com/dropped-history-in-the-breaking/ Please note that dates are subject to final confirmation What is it? It is a stand-alone exhibit…
The San Antonio Public Library and San Antonio Public Library Foundation own a collection of WW1 propaganda prints and posters, which are on a two-year tour of Europe. Wiltshire Museum…
- Purchased as a gift for Mrs Chubb in 1915. Gifted to the nation in 1918. #timeforwiltshire #UnmissableStonehenge… https://t.co/q61bXcRJ76 1 day ago
- Our Recent History Gallery closed. Building work underway for our new Oexmann Exhibition Gallery #ReadyToBorrow… https://t.co/ef1gE47x6K 2 days ago
- News from @DorsetMuseum #WessexMuseums #DippyOnTour https://t.co/0Nsm2CCSAg 2 days ago
- RT @jurassic_coast: Once in a lifetime opportunity! Dippy Volunteering Open Evening @NHM_London @DorsetMuseum #dippyontour… https://t.co/WhQn5o9fmJ 2 days ago
- RT @medievalgill: Looking forward to going on @BBCWiltshire at 2.10pm to chat about upcoming talk on sex in the middle ages in @WiltshireMuseum on Saturday. 2 days ago