This walk will take in the mysterious Devil’s Den dolmen and the sarsen fields of Fyfield Down. There is a Thomas Hardy link, as the Devil’s Den is described in the short story “What the Shepherd Saw”.
Due to the weather forecast we have had to postpone this walk to Sunday 11 September. All ticket holders have been contacted. 11/8/22
Date: NOW SUNDAY 14 AUGUST (previously Saturday 6 August)
Start time: 2.00 pm. Walk is expected to last approx. three hours. 6 miles.
Parking and Meeting Point: Gravel Hill Car Park OS Grid Ref: SU 15960 70018
Cost: £12 (£10 WANHS members)
Booking: Essential ‘BOOK ONLINE’ below.
Maximum Number: 16 (excluding walk leader)
TERMS and CONDITIONS
- Stout footwear, protective clothing to suit the prevailing weather conditions and reasonable mobility will be required.
- Please ensure that you bring water and snacks; this is particularly important in hot weather.
- The event may be postponed if adverse weather is forecast.
- Unless sold out, bookings will close at 9 am on the day of the outing.
- Booking for events
- Cancellations, Refunds and T&Cs
More Walks by Hidden Wiltshire