Before Your Visit
Opening Hours - from 20 May 2021
There will be a phased REOPENING of the Museum from Thursday 20 May 2021:
20 to 29 May: OPEN Thursday to Saturday - 10 am to 5 pm. Closed 1 pm - 2 pm for cleaning
31 May to 5 June: OPEN daily - 10 am to 5 pm. Closed 1 pm - 2 pm for cleaning
9 June to 30 June: OPEN Wednesday to Saturday - 10 am to 5 pm. Closed 1 pm - 2 pm for cleaning
1 July to 24 July: OPEN Tuesday to Saturday - 10 am to 5 pm. Closed 1 pm - 2 pm for cleaning
25 July to 31 August: OPEN Monday to Saturday - 10 am to 5 pm. Sunday - 11 am to 4pm
Shop: Open when the Museum is open. Non-Museum visitors welcome. Face-covering essential (unless exempt). We are operating a quarantine system for our stock, but we would ask that handling of stock is kept to a minimum.
Toilet: One accessible unisex toilet with baby-change on the ground floor (signposted from the Museum shop).
We do not have a cloakroom. Please do not bring a large bag (over 45cms) or backpack to the Museum.
Booking your tickets in advance
- Visitor numbers will be limited. We have reduced visitor numbers to just four every 15 minutes.
- ALL visitors must pre-book entry tickets.
- We can accommodate groups of 6 from the same household or support bubble, but pre-booking is required - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively leave a message on our answerphone - 01380 727369 and we will get back to you when staff are available.
- When booking, please comply with the government guidance that any indoor gatherings are limited to members of the same household (or support bubble) up to a maximum of six.
- When you book your ticket you will need to choose an arrival time for the day you want to visit. You will be asked to register your name and email address, where we will send the tickets.
- For those unable to book online you can call the Museum on 01380 727369 or email email@example.com.
- You will be able to enter the Museum any time within the 10 minute time slot on your ticket, but after this we will unfortunately not be able to guarantee entry.
- You are welcome to stay up to an hour/half from the start time on your ticket (subject to lunchtime and end of day closure).
- Please book your timed tickets by 9am on the day of your visit.
- You will be required to scan the NHS QR code on arrival. If you do not have a smartphone, you will be required to provide your contact details. This is a government requirement and we reserve the right to refuse entry if you refuse to comply.
Before you leave the house
- Please make sure you have your booking confirmation either printed out or on your mobile device. If you booked on the telephone you will just need to have the name and telephone number of the person who booked.
- Please note that no food or beverages are permitted within the Museum. However, you may use the Museum car park/garden or Hillworth Park is a short walk away for a picnic.
- Face coverings are mandatory in the galleries and shop (unless you are exempt).
- Please do not visit if you or any of your party have symptoms of COVID-19, have recently been tested (and not yet received your result), or have been advised that you should self-isolate.
- Bicycle: There is a bicycle rack in the Museum car park.
- Bus: There is a bus route close to the Museum, serviced by route 49 (Bath/Swindon) and Salisbury no. 2. The Museum is also a short walk from the bus stops in Devizes Market Place.
- Car: There are pay and display car parks in the town, or you can park in the Museum car park for the duration of your visit. Please note the Museum car par is closed at 5pm each day. There is blue badge parking outside the Museum on Long Street, or in the Museum car park.