Before Your Visit
Opening Hours: 25 September to 30 January 2022- open SEVEN days a week:
OPEN: 25 September to 31 October:
Monday* to Saturday (10am to 5pm)
Sundays (11am to 4pm)
OPEN 1 November to 30 January:
Tuesday to Saturday: 10am to 4pm
Sundays and Mondays: 11am to 4pm
The Museum will be CLOSED TO ALL VISITORS on Thursday 2 December.
Christmas/New Year Period
CLOSED - 24 to 27 December and 1 to 3 January; early closing 31 December; .
Full details of our opening times from 20 December to 3 January are listed on our events webpage
Please Note: Dates and Times subject to change
Pre-book online HERE
Advance Notice: the Museum will be CLOSED from 31 January to 15 February 2022.
Shop: Open when the Museum is open. Non-Museum visitors welcome. As the shop is small we would recommend face-coverings are worn (unless exempt) for the protection of visitors, volunteers and staff, many of whom still feel vulnerable.
Toilet: One accessible unisex toilet with baby-change on the ground floor (signposted from the Museum shop).
We do not have a cloakroom. Please do not bring a large bag (over 45cms) or backpack to the Museum.
Booking your tickets in advance
- Although legal restrictions have been lifted we will continue to control visitor numbers to ensure the galleries do not become over-crowded.
- Face-coverings: will be ESSENTIAL in the Museum shop from 30 November, are RECOMMENDED in the Museum and particularly in our Art Gallery.
- ALL visitors are advised to pre-book entry tickets - six available every 15 minutes.
- Groups can be accommodated - but pre-booking is required - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively leave a message on our answerphone - 01380 727369 and we will get back to you when staff are available.
- When booking, please comply with government guidance at the time of visit.
- When you book your ticket you will need to choose an arrival time for the day you want to visit. You will be asked to register your name and email address, where we will send the tickets.
- For those unable to book online you can call the Museum on 01380 727369 or email email@example.com.
- Please try and arrive within the 10 minutes of the time on your ticket, but do contact us if there are any difficulties on the day.
- You are welcome to stay up to an hour/half from the start time on your ticket (subject to lunchtime and end of day closure).
- Please book your timed tickets by 9am on the day of your visit.
- We have an NHS QR code to scan on arrival. If you do not have a smartphone, you can provide your contact details. These measures help NHS Test and Trace to identify people who may have the virus. NHS Test and Trace will only ask for records if there is an outbreak at the venue, and then alert attendees who checked in on the same day.
- After your visit, you will receive a one-off email containing a feedback questionnaire about your experience at the Museum.
Before you leave the house
- Please make sure you have your booking confirmation either printed out or on your mobile device. If you booked on the telephone you will just need to have the name and telephone number of the person who booked.
- Please note that no food or beverages are permitted within the Museum. However, you may use the Museum car park/garden or Hillworth Park is a short walk away for a picnic.
- Face coverings are recommended in the galleries and shop (unless you are exempt). Some of the gallery spaces are confined and there is no air flow. We do have a Lecture Room where face coverings can be removed.
- Please do not visit if you or any of your party have symptoms of COVID-19, have recently been tested (and not yet received your result), or have been advised that you should self-isolate.
- Bicycle: There is a bicycle rack in the Museum car park.
- Bus: There is a bus route close to the Museum, serviced by route 49 (Bath/Swindon) and Salisbury no. 2. The Museum is also a short walk from the bus stops in Devizes Market Place.
- Car: There are pay and display car parks in the town, or you can park in the Museum car park for the duration of your visit. Please note the Museum car par is closed at 5pm each day. There is blue badge parking outside the Museum on Long Street, or in the Museum car park.