Pre-book your timed tickets
The Museum is currently CLOSED due to Lockdown. We are planning to reopen in the week of 17 May and details of how to pre-book tickets will be available nearer the date. (12/4/21)
Pre-booking is essential for entry.
We continue to work hard to ensure visitors have a comfortable and enjoyable time. The number of visitors we can accommodate at any one time is restricted and you will need to pre-book timed entry tickets in advance - those who do not have tickets can be turned away. Please read our Before Your Visit page for important information.
Wiltshire Museum has achieved the Visit England COVID-19 Industry Standard, confirming we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
The whole of the Museum is open, but we have introduced a one-way system and (regrettably) removed or closed all our child-friendly interactives. There is however, a ‘can you spot’ activity in each gallery for all ages to enjoy.
Our Archive and Library remains closed and access to collections research is limited. We would ask that general or object identification enquiries be submitted via email in the first instance – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OPENING TIMES: 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm. Last entry 3pm.
- We will close between 1pm and 2pm to allow for staff changeover and cleaning.
- Please book a ticket for every person visiting. The maximum bookable online is four, but we can accommodate up to six (from the same household or support bubble), if you contact us in advance - email@example.com
- Please arrive within the 10 minutes of your entry time slot. If you arrive late, we will not be able to guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the staff.
- On arrival visitors must either scan the QR code, recording your visit on the NHS Covid-19 App, or complete a contact card.
- Please try and keep your visit to approximately 45-60 minutes.
- Please have your ticket ready to show staff upon entry.
- Please follow signs and guidance from staff.
- Face coverings must be worn in the Museum galleries and shop (unless exempt).
- Please follow social distancing guidance.
- There is a marked one-way route around the building.
- Lift - If you will require use of the lift, please advise us in advance as the route differs to the main route - firstname.lastname@example.org
In line with Government guidance, we are required to collect details and maintain records of staff, customers and visitors on our premises. On arrival ALL visitors must either scan a QR code or provide contact details, to help identify people who may have been in contact with the virus and help minimise the onward spread of COVID-19. We keep these records for 21 days.
After your visit, you will receive a one-off email containing a feedback questionnaire about your experience at the Museum.
Following Government COVID-19 guidelines
Book your tickets now!
CLOSED THURSDAY 31 DECEMBER DUE TO TIER 3 RESTRICTIONS.