Pre-book your timed tickets
OPENING TIMES: 25 September to 30 January 2022- open SEVEN days a week:
1 November to 30 January:
Tuesday to Saturday: 10am to 4pm (now open until 5pm until 29 January)
Sundays and Mondays: 11am to 4pm
Please Note: Dates and Times subject to change
CLOSED: 31 January to 14 February 2022 (incl).
OPEN 15 February to 4 April (incl): Tuesday to Saturday: 10am to 5pm
OPEN 5 April to 30 October (incl): Monday to Saturday: 10am to 5pm; Sundays: 11am to 3pm.
Check events pages for details of bank holiday opening.
Pre-booking is recommended for entry - Pre-book online HERE.
- The maximum bookable online per 15 minute time slot is six.
- Online ticket sales close at 9am on the day of entry.
- Walk-ins are available, but there may be a short delay if the galleries are busy.
- Face coverings are ESSENTIAL whilst on the Museum premises (unless exempt) (10/12/21)
We continue to work hard to ensure visitors have a comfortable and enjoyable time. We are monitoring the number of visitors we can accommodate and you are recommended to pre-book timed entry tickets in advance - those who do not have tickets can be turned away.
Please read our Before Your Visit page for important information.
Wiltshire Museum achieved the Visit England COVID-19 Industry Standard, confirming we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness.
Update 29 November 2021:
We have left in place all are Covid-19 measures, including hand-sanitizer and one-way route.
Face-coverings will be ESSENTIAL on the Museum premises from 10 December 2021. Face-coverings can be removed in our Lecture Hall (when open).
Some interactives have been re-introduced.
Our Archive and Library remains closed and access to collections research is limited. We would ask that general or object identification enquiries be submitted via email in the first instance – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OPENING TIMES: see above for details.
- Please book a ticket for every person visiting. The maximum bookable online is six.
- Please arrive within 10 minutes of your entry time slot. If you arrive late, we will not be able to guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the staff.
- On arrival visitors are asked to either scan the QR code on the NHS Covid-19 App, or complete a contact card.
- Please try and keep your visit to approximately 45-60 minutes.
- Please have your ticket ready to show staff upon entry (this can be printed or on a smart phone).
- Please follow signs and guidance from staff.
- Face coverings are ESSENTIAL whilst on the Museum premises (unless exempt). (10/12/21)
- Although social distancing is no longer required, we would ask that visitors keep their distance where possible.
- There is a marked one-way route around the building.
- Lift - If you will require use of the lift, please advise us in advance as the route differs to the main route - email@example.com
In line with Government guidance, we are no longer legally required to collect details and maintain records of staff, customers and visitors on our premises. However, we are still asked to collect this information, but can not insist. On arrival ALL visitors can either scan a QR code or provide contact details, which will help NHS Test and Trace identify people who may have the virus. NHS Test and Trace will only ask for records if there is an outbreak at our venue, and then alert attendees who checked in on the same day. This will help minimise the onward spread of COVID-19. We keep these records for 21 days.
After your visit, you will receive a one-off email containing a feedback questionnaire about your experience at the Museum.