Pre-book your timed tickets
CURRENT OPENING TIMES:
The Museum will be closed 1pm - 2pm for cleaning (except Sundays and Bank Holidays)
July: OPEN 28 to 31 July, 10am to 5pm.
August: OPEN Monday to Saturday - 10 am to 5 pm. Sunday - 12 noon to 4pm
Please note: There will be no access to the 'Ways of Seeing Wiltshire' exhibition on Monday 16 August, due to essential works on our heating system.
September (1st to 23rd) - Tuesday to Saturday (i.e. CLOSED Sundays and Mondays - preparation work for the Eric Ravilious: Downland Man exhibition)
Pre-booking is recommended for entry.
We continue to work hard to ensure visitors have a comfortable and enjoyable time. The number of visitors we can accommodate at any one time is restricted and you are recommended to pre-book timed entry tickets in advance - those who do not have tickets can be turned away. Please read our Before Your Visit page for important information.
Wiltshire Museum has achieved the Visit England COVID-19 Industry Standard, confirming we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness.
Update 19 July:
We have left in place all are Covid-19 measures, including hand-sanitizer and one-way route.
Face-coverings are still recommended as the gallery spaces are small and not well ventilated. Face-coverings can be removed in our Lecture Hall (when open).
Some of the interactives have been re-introduced.
Our Archive and Library remains closed and access to collections research is limited. We would ask that general or object identification enquiries be submitted via email in the first instance – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OPENING TIMES: 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm. Last entry 4pm. (3pm on Sundays and Bank Holidays)
- We close between 1pm and 2pm to allow for staff changeover and cleaning.
- Please book a ticket for every person visiting. The maximum bookable online is six.
- Please arrive within 10 minutes of your entry time slot. If you arrive late, we will not be able to guarantee you entry. Entry will be at the discretion of the staff.
- On arrival ALL visitors are asked to either scan the QR code on the NHS Covid-19 App, or complete a contact card.
- Please try and keep your visit to approximately 45-60 minutes.
- Please have your ticket ready to show staff upon entry (this can be printed or on a smart phone).
- Please follow signs and guidance from staff.
- Face coverings are recommended in the Museum galleries and shop (unless exempt).
- Although social distancing is no longer required, we would ask that visitors keep their distance where possible.
- There is a marked one-way route around the building.
- Lift - If you will require use of the lift, please advise us in advance as the route differs to the main route - email@example.com
In line with Government guidance, we are no longer legally required to collect details and maintain records of staff, customers and visitors on our premises. However, we are still asked to collect this information, but can not insist. On arrival ALL visitors can either scan a QR code or provide contact details, which will help NHS Test and Trace identify people who may have the virus. NHS Test and Trace will only ask for records if there is an outbreak at our venue, and then alert attendees who checked in on the same day. This will help minimise the onward spread of COVID-19. We keep these records for 21 days.
After your visit, you will receive a one-off email containing a feedback questionnaire about your experience at the Museum.